The journey to Athens - the city full of beauty and mistery

Hello! :)
First of all, it's so nice to see you here (it means that I persuaded you to visit my blog :D). Like I've mentioned recently, I'd like to describe you my last journey to Athens. It was two weeks ago during the studies (now my English teacher finds out why I was absent :D). Me and my friends, we've planned this travel for four or five months so it was one of the most expecting events then.
Yes, one of the most expecting events ... but at the beginning there was an another problem - we must have flown by plane ... when I look back to my first fly, I don't mention it like something amazing. Contrary - it was terrible! Therefore I was scared how this journey will be look like. I felt much better when I've found out that it's the first time when one of my friends has to fly. We were both deeped in this fear.
After more than two hours we landed at the Athens international airport. It wasn't as bad as I've thought! :) We've moved to our hotel as soon as it was possible and the same day we started visiting. Each of us had the most favorable monument to see. I wanted to visit the temple of Zeus which is situated in the city centre near the Hadrian's arc. I've been expecting a lot about this monument, this place and it didn't disappoint me - that was incredible! This style, this durability of construction ...
Moreover, we visited the Acropolis. This citadel, built upon an area of elevated ground-frequently a hill, make a hudge impression. Despite the fact that I'm not interested in antiquity (I prefer the styles subsequents) I appreciate this kind of structure, this period and now I'm fascinated, either. Parthenon, Theatre of Dionysus, Odeon of Herodos Atticus, Erechteion ... all these monuments have their own mistery and beauty.
Our journey was completed by visiting the old historical neighborhood of Athens, Plaka. All of the monuments which we've seen make us a contemplation and questions - how did it survive until today, after more than 2500 years? How did this people live? How did they create this monuments which we can see nowadays? What exactly did they do in their life? That's so curious and misterious.
To sum up my journey to Athens, I can tell you one thing - it's absolutely a place worth of seeing. I recommend you to visiting this beautiful city necessarily :)
See you soon!
J.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go, learn and discover!

Interpersonal communication at work: obligation or additional value to achieve a success nowadays?

The Trojan Horse